Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Piano Recital

Libby has been taking piano lessons since just before age 4. When we moved back to Jeff City, we were lucky enough to find an amazing piano instructor who only lives a few doors down from us. She has really taken Libby to the next level as far as technique and sight reading. Roan started taking lessons in January, too! He's been wanting to for a while, but I felt he was a little itchy and unfocused... He finally showed me he was ready, so we let him start.

They had a recital a few weeks ago. I love their recitals! They are required to stand up in front of the audience, introduce themselves and announce what they'll be playing. So many kids are so scared, they whisper, or race through it. Not my two! They stand up, and speak loud and clear. Makes me proud!

Roan's very first recital! That's Ms. Deborah, his teacher, sitting with him. He announced to the whole audience that this was his first recital!
Libby's a pro at playing in public. She doesn't get nervous at all! Look at her hair! She looks like a model. And look at those pigeon-toes...just like her momma!!
Her hair was so magnificent, I had to take a close-up. If it looks this great when she's 8, what will it look like when she's 18?
Piano lessons are expensive and take a lot of time, but it's been so good for my kids. I'd recommend them for any kid who's interested... it's really made learning fractions quite easy for Libby. It's teaching Roan a lot of good things, too. I'm hoping this is a skill and talent that will stay with them all of their lives...

No comments: