Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Remoulade and special seasoning...

Welcome to my first blog post dedicated to remoulade. How silly is that?Like I mentioned in the last post, Shannon's meal came with a remoulade sauce. I think it was the best thing I've ever tasted. I'm kind of a dipper when I eat, anyway, so this was right up my alley. Usually, I'm a ranch dressing dipper, but this sauce was the cat's meow!! I thought about asking for a quart to go. I even tried to talk the recipe out of the waitress. No luck. Saturday, we met a guy whose wife works at the Half Shell. I tried to talk him into getting the recipe for me. Again, no luck. So, it's now my mission in life to perfect this recipe.
The other awesome part of this restaurant was their special seasoning blend. I think you can guess which one it is. It was so good, I almost cried. It's kind of like Lawrey's Seasoned Salt with a MAJOR spicy kick...oh and about a thousand times tastier. I considered sliding the whole shaker in my purse, but figured that would be frowned upon at the least. I was actually afraid they'd chase me out to the car. So, I put on my best charm and asked the waitress about it...and guess what she did?
She brought me a little container of it to take home!! We decided it wasn't full enough, so we poured a little extra in from the shaker on the table!! Hey, I have to make it last until we can get down to Memphis again!

1 comment:

Ask the eBay Queen said...

I think I have a recipe for remoulade sauce..