Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Memphis!!

Last Wednesday, the Man and I headed to Memphis. We've been planning this trip since December, and happily, it went off without a hitch! Shannon getting the trunk arranged. He was amazed at what a light packer I am! It took us about 7 hours to get there from Jeff City; that included stopping to eat and one pit stop. We got to travel through the bootheel of Missouri...my old stomping ground. I was the Director of the Southeast MO Autism Project back in the 1990's, so it was fun driving through some of the cities I used to go to.
This was one of the first sites we saw as we came into Tennessee. I nearly fainted. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE Elvis fan. That's the reason Shannon suggested we go to Memphis... We got a little turned around trying to get to our hotel, but all in all, the trip down was wonderful! After we got settled in, we went to a place called "Buckley's" for dinner. We each got a filet; they were so good, we almost cried. On Thursday, we went to Graceland.... stay tuned!

No comments: