Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Half Shell...

Ok, this is a little out of order...but I realize that maybe not EVERYONE cares about photos of Graceland as much as I do... so I'll break it up a little :-)

After our gloriously wonderful day at Graceland, we decided to eat at a little place called "The Half Shell". The sweet lady at the hotel's front desk recommended it to us. Wow, was it GOOD! I don't mean 'adequate' or 'ok'. I mean slap-your-momma-good.
This was their menu. Oh, and Shannon's hand. lol It was primarily a seafood restaurant, but the menu was a little different than we expected. Shannon got the Half Shell Combo (I think was the name...). It had grilled fish, crab cakes, and shrimp. Yum!

Here is his magnificent dinner. I'm not kidding when I say magnificent. Oh, and please note the sauce on the upper right corner of the picture. This was remoulade. I've never been a big fan of remoulade...that is until I tasted this. I almost licked the ramekin. I think it deserves its own blog post. Stay tuned.

...and this is what was left of Shannon's meal! Even the crab cakes were to die for. We agreed that they had an odd seasoning that was a little overpowering after a few bites, but we won't hold that against them. Please note that the remoulade is conspicuously absent...
This was my dinner. Yes, it's a Reuben. And yes, I know we were at a seafood restaurant... The thing is, I was all ready for seafood, but there was really nothing that yanked my chain in the seafood genre... and I didn't want to be disappointed in my meal. Did I ever make a good choice. Now, I've had my share of reubens, given that it's my favorite sandwich on the face of the planet, and I can say without a doubt, this is the BEST one I've EVER had. I almost cried it was so good. And when I slathered it with Shannon's remoulade, I nearly fell over dead with pleasure.

Here's a picture of the outside of the restaurant. It was a beautiful night, our tummies were full and happy...so we just stood outside by the car and reveled in it. What an amazing day!

No comments: