Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 19, 2011

School supply shopping adventures!

A couple of weeks ago, we headed to Target for school supplies. There's a giant cement hole right outside the store that intrigues my children to no end. Everytime, they MUST jump through it, lay on it, jump across it... today was no different. A funny story about Libby's shoes in this picture: when she was around 2 years old, my mom and I took her for some new shoes. She saw these flip flops, which were WAY too big for her at the time, but she LOVED them. When I tried to put them back on the shelf, she lost her mind. They were on clearance, so her Nana said "Oh, let's just get them for her!". So, she toddled around in them for months; eventually I put them away for her to wear when she got bigger. Well, they FINALLY fit (6 years later!) and she still loves them!

What can I say? This is my boy. He has his list in hand, and is complaining about carrying his supplies in the shopping basket. "It's so much work!". So we put the basket in a cart... Target was teeming with people that day; it was difficult to shop because so many people were swarming the school supply aisles!

This is the boy modeling his new backpack. I was very surprised he picked green camo. Go figure. Last year (the backpack that bit the dust) was blue with skulls all over it. Big jump from skulls to camo.


Libby will start second grade, and Roan will start first. I just can't believe it!

No comments: