Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

My Mini-Me

My sweet Libby is going to be 8 years old in 2 weeks. I just can't believe it. When I picture her in my mind, I still see her like this:


Tiny, with big curls. *sob* She's always looked like me, which I love. Not that I'm terrific to look at, but because I never really looked like anyone in my family. My mom was 5'2"; I'm 5'10". I could go on and on. I found out later that I look like the Mansfield side of the family, who I never knew that well. Anyway, Libby is my Mini-Me. In more ways than one.




I like to think of myself as an organized person. I love planners, calendars, lists... I plan our menu out for the month and make detailed grocery lists. The kids' summer schedule was mapped out in spreadsheet form. As fate would have it, these little quirks of mine turn the Man on. Sorry, TMI. Anyway, Libby likes lists, too!



When I got up yesterday morning, Libby was hard at work making her birthday list. She's obsessed with Moshi Monsters, right now, so she was on that website looking for all her favorite things. She made two lists: one for Mom and one for Nana.
This is my list. Each item was written carefully, with the price next to it. If the item is circled, that means she'd like it for Christmas, rather than her birthday. Isn't it just a hoot?



This is Nana's list. Libby's going to be overrun with Moshi paraphernalia. I'm not sure I'm ready; all these little characters are like a foreign language to me... Oh boy, I'm sounding like my mom! I love that my girl is organized...at least where school work and things like that are concerned. Now if I could just get that to bleed over into her bedroom... it's a mess most of the time!

No comments: