Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A night of friends and Sushi

Tuesday night, we had a baby shower for my friend, Ashley. She's expecting a baby girl in October, so all of us from work gathered at Fuji to celebrate. There were probably 15 of us, including Libby and Roan. They weren't about to be left out of the fun! They love going to Gojo's in Kansas City, and Fuji is similar. They've been wanting to go for a while and this was the perfect opportunity.

I love sushi...I could eat it every day. (Thank you to my good friends, Sclie and Danny Murray for introducing me to the goodness!) I don't go crazy with the raw stuff... I like a little crab a little shrimp and maybe, if I'm feeling saucy, I'll have a little smoked salmon. I'm pretty tame -- avocado, cream cheese, cucumber makes me happy. Well, Roan was convinced he was going to try some. He had a piece of one of my rolls...but had a hard time getting past the stickiness of the rice. He wasn't crazy about it, but I was sure proud of him for trying! He can use chopsticks like a champ, but you can see the apprehension on his face!

Both kids love chopsticks and are actually quite good at using them. They got a little goofy while we were waiting on our food...



If you look in the background of the picture, you can see Ashley, momma to be. You can also see Dr. Tang, my friend a co-worker. He throws one heck of a party! We all had a great time eating, opening gifts and singing karaoke! Dr. Tang dubbed it the "First Annual Baby Coming Out Party". Wonder who will be the guest of honor at the Second Annual....?? lol

No comments: