Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Cat With No Name

Back in May, we got a new kitten. We had been cat-free since February, which made us all sad; except Shannon, that is. He's not really a pet-person. A friend at work had some kittens so she brought the cutest girl to us. There was a huge and ongoing discussion about her name. I liked Peggy -- because of the Capital One commercial: "Hello, Prime Credit, this is Peggy". I laugh every time. Then we thought of "Crystal Gayle" because we love 'Talladega Nights' so much: "I got mauled by a Cougar, my Crystal Gayle shirt got ruined, and I learned nothin' 'bout drivin'!". I laugh every time at that, too. Then, we finally settled on Isabella. It was a name the kids could agree on.

We took her to the vet to have her toenails out and spayed. I got a call from the doctor who told me "Isabella is a boy-a!". Yeah, we apparently had a transgendered cat. So... what to name this kitty now?

Given the 'Talladega Nights' reference, Shannon and Sean wanted to name him 'Ricky Bobby'; in fact, that's pretty much what he was called all summer. Libby wanted to name him 'Frank', which was cute. Roan didn't really care. Now that this poor kitty is half-grown, spoiled and pretty rambunctious, I think we've finally settled on a name.

We call him "Humphrey". It fits him. Right now, he's a teenager, and a little difficult. He likes to attack your leg as you walk by, bite you any and everywhere... but he's also a lover. So, welcome to the family, Humphrey McGowin!

No comments: