Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Our Day in Eldon. Chapter 1

On Saturday afternoon, the kids were with grandparents, so Shannon and I took a little trip to Eldon. It's about 30 minutes from Jeff City, on the way to the Lake. It's a cute little town, but its real appeal is a rockin' little drive-in called Cree-Mee. It's practically a local landmark. You have to walk up to order, then take it with you, or sit at one of the picnic tables they have.

Cree-Mee has absolutely incredible chili dogs. They are so delicious, you want to cry. Shannon always get a chili dog and a shake. Today, it was vanilla, with extra vanilla. Good call. I got chocolate, which was very good, but next time, I'll go with vanilla, extra vanilla.

The call of the chili dog is strong. We were forced to answer.



I also got one. This is mine. What I like about Cree-Mee, that is different from most other places... is that they tuck the chili deliciousness neatly into the bun. You can actually pick this up and eat it. And when you do, you're glad. Very glad.


Cree-Mee also has another glorious creation: Marshmallow Pepsi. Yep. I know it sounds weird and maybe a little gross, but trust me. It will give new meaning to your life. You'll want to have one every day. This was our LARGE marshmallow Pepsi. We were on a sugar high for hours. It made us happy.


This was my chili dog. This was when I was trying not to cry because we were nearing the end of our relationship. I was fighting the desire to order another one.


We made an afternoon of it in Eldon. Stay tuned for Chapter 2.


No comments: