Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Memory Lane

I've been feeling nostalgic lately, for a few reasons:


  • I've been unpacking some boxes (finally!) and I found a big box of pictures. They are mostly of the kids when they were babies. I love to look at them, but then I feel sad because... well, just because, and then I have to feel guilty that all these pictures are not in albums yet. At least they're sorted...right?

  • Libby is heading for a birthday. She'll be 8 next month. How can this be?

  • The kids are getting ready to start school again in a few weeks. First and second grade. WHAT?

So in the midst of my nostalgia, I run across a file of pictures in my computer that were saved in the wrong place. So, so funny. These are from Christmas 2006. This was my attempt to take a picture suitable for our Christmas card. I had just started Chiropractic College. Libby was 3 1/2 and Roan was not quite 2. Wow, how they've changed!


Roan was so tiny! He is wearing the dress I got for Libby to wear to her preschool Christmas program. When he saw it, he HAD to put it on. When he had to take it off, he had a complete meltdown. Today, he swears he NEVER wore Libby's dresses. I have proof. And I'll use it...someday.

OMG, I love this picture. It was totally spontaneous. Today, Libby probably wouldn't kiss her brother voluntarily if I paid her!


Look at Libby's curls! Drives me crazy that the reds in their outfits don't match... oh well.


Silly little girl. She has such a baby face in this picture... I can't believe how much she's grown.



This is the picture I finally ended up using for our card. I love it... Roan was just so tiny. Where did the time go?


No comments: