Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Best Friends Forever...

I'm still friends with my best friend from Kindergarten. Sara and I went all through school together, and although we don't get to see each other often anymore, we always manage to pick up right where we left off. I have lots of friends like that... Karen, Suzie, Michelle, Sharla, Sarah B. I'm so lucky. Libby's pretty lucky, too. She and Clara met when they were 9 months old. I was taking her to swim lessons at the YMCA in Jeff City. Clara was there and I struck up a conversation with her mom, Amy...and friends were born! Clara and Libby were born in the same hospital, 3 days apart. In fact, we figured out that Amy was checking in to have Clara the same time I was checking out with Libby to go home. They went to the same preschool when they were 2. Even when we moved to KC for a few years, the girls kept in touch. It was so cute to listen to them talk on the phone to each other when they were just little.
Clara and Libby at Libby's 5th birthday party. They're so little!

Now that we're back in Jeff City, the girls get to spend a lot of time together. In fact, they've been in summer camps together this month.

This is Libby and Clara now. They were in Art Camp together last week, and this was taken at their Art Show on Friday. Can you believe how they've grown? It's hard to see, but they both have on Hello Kitty shirts. They're such good buddies; I hope they stay friends for the rest of their lives!!

No comments: