Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Fried Chicken Happiness

I am in love. Know how I can tell? Fried chicken.

I have several food rules. I have so many, in fact, you would think I'd be skinny! One of my rules is that I do not to eat meat off the bone. Especially chicken. I'm not crazy about handling raw chicken, either. Well, Shannon LOVES fried chicken. I've been promising him for weeks that I would make some for him. This is not something I do on a regular basis. I know how to do it, in fact I'm pretty good at it, but given the rules mentioned above, I just don't tend to make fried chicken.

We had a night to ourselves this weekend, so I suggested a little fried chicken for dinner...so I packed up a bird, my electric skillet and headed to Jeff City.

Here are the breasts, waiting to be fried. You see, the breading has to reach a certain "doughy-ness" before I put it in the grease. They weren't quite ready...

Look at all that golden goodness... If you look at the top left corner, you'll see one of the boneless, skinless breasts I slipped in there for myself!
Shannon's plate, ready to go. Notice the mashed potatoes; Shannon is a master potato maker. He took care of that. And those are the magical green beans. If I told you what makes them magical, I'd have to kill you.

A nearly empty plate... is this a happy man, or what?
I think I've learned to relax a bit. In fact, I may retire the "I don't like to touch raw chicken" food rule. I didn't mind making this meal at all; in fact, I think it will be a regular on our monthly menu. If it makes the man happy, it makes me happy! Now, that's love!

No comments: