Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Best Friends...

I am so lucky to have the friends I have. Michelle, Suzie, Sharla, Sonya, Sarah...all more like sisters to me than friends.

This is my friend, Michelle. We met in 1986 on the first day of Marching Mizzou Drumline auditions. I was 18 and she was 19...just babies, really. We were wearing the exact same shirt; we knew the minute we saw each other that we would be friends. How can that have been 24 years (and maybe 10 pounds- lol) ago? People have always thought we were sisters, despite the fact that I'm about 2 feet taller than her! We were inseparable through college. We were on drumline together, worked at Woodhaven together, were roommates and later worked at Judevine Center together. She went with me to every OB appointment with me when I was pregnant with Libby, and was with me when both kids were born. She is Roan's Godmother and is the kids' beloved "Aunt 'Chelle". She's always been my biggest cheerleader, has picked me up when I was down and believed in me when I didn't believe in myself.

I got to see her this weekend and it made me VERY happy! Love you MDB!!

No comments: