Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

My little musicians

When I was in school, I absolutely loved being in band. In fact, I met my two best friends from college when I joined Marching Mizzou. We won't talk about how long ago that was...

Both Libby and Roan have always seemed musically inclined since they were little. Libby started piano lessons when she was 4. When we got to Jefferson City, we were lucky enough to find a piano instructor who lives about 8 houses down from us! Libby goes to her lesson once a week, and to a group lesson once a week.

This is a shot of the kids at group lesson. That's Libby sitting at the piano, playing a piece for the grup. They love it. Roan goes, too...he's the "drum captain".

We also found "Class of Rock" that offers all types of music lessons. Roan has been taking drum lessons since August. He says that "drummers get all the chicks". Yes, he's 5. Yes, I know I'm in for it as he gets older...

So, my hope is that both kids are talented musicians, and that music will be a big part of their lives... so far, it's been worth all the hours of practice and shuttling them to lessons!

No comments: