Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My sweet Libby

How I love this girl!! What's there not to love?


Some things I don't want to forget about her:
1. The minute she was born, she stared through me like she had known me forever...then she clasped her hands together and smiled...

2. She loved to lay in her bed and watch her mobile. She would kick her legs and laugh out loud. I always made sure we had extra batteries for the mobile, or it would be ugly!

3. She had the most beautiful hair, even as an infant. People would ask me if I used a blow dryer and curling iron on her hair. (on a baby? yes, LOTS of people said that!)

4. She could sign full sentences when she was 9 months old.

5. She was late to talk, but when she spoke, it was in full sentences.

6. When she was very small, she loved to collect "nuts with hats"...acorns.

7. Even as a baby, she loved to clean. She would scrub the bathtub for fun. We called her "Little Clara" after my grandmother who LOVED to clean.

8. She met her best friend, Clara Knollmeyer, at swim lessons when they were 9 months old.

9. She used to call her papa Witt "Witty", but it came out as "Wooty".

10. When she was 18 months old, she loved to take clothes out of the closet and shake the hanger...then die laughing.


Some things I love about her:

1. She is confident

2. She is persistent...she won't quit until she masters it.

3. She looks like me. I never looked like anyone, so I'm glad she looks like me...

4. She has such a kind heart; she worries about people who don't have enough and tries to help.

5. She always sees the best in people.

6. When faced with a hardship, her first strategy is to pray.

7. She tries her best to be patient with her brother.

8. She is scary-smart.

9. She loves to sew and cook...and can do so better than many adults!

10. She is incredibly responsible for a 6 year old.


Some things she likes right now:

1. American Girl dolls

2. Riding her bike

3. Playing with the neighbors

4. Learning to write in cursive

5. The song "Lead Me To The Cross" by Chris and Conrad

6. Her Disney Mix Stick

7. Her Nintendo DS

8. Going to Sunday School

9. Reading

10. Being a member of American Heritage Girls.

I'm so lucky to be her mom! I can't wait to see the woman she will grow up to be. I love you, Libby Lu!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Libby! Such cute pictures.. I wonder who the photographer was? ;)