Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Gojo's Yellow Sauce + Shannon = Bliss!

I love Gojo's. In fact, my friend Suzie and I go to Gojo's as often as possible...and we speak regularly about how much we love the shrimp appetizer with the yellow sauce. Fantasize might be a better word! Yes, I LOVE the yellow sauce...and the green sauce, too. Is that wrong?

Friday, Shannon came to KC for the weekend, and we went to Gojo's for dinner. He had never been there before, so I got to expose him to the bliss that is the yellow sauce...captured digitally below.

He looks pretty happy that he took my advice on the sauce...

I will admit, I have a very specific method for eating the shrimp appetizer... I must have the perfect ratio of shrimp, rice and sauce...this method takes two bowls, as you can see above. I think Shannon thought I was/am a maniac.

I got Teriyaki chicken and steak...it's the plate of loveliness on the left. My rice bowl is brimming with a fresh sauce supply. It was SO SO SO good.

Post dinner, happy-bellies picture.
The funniest part of the evening...we sat with a two nice couples; when dinner was over, we started chatting. One man said to us "You guys are dating, right?" Shannon immediately said in a deadpan tone "No ... [insert long pause]... we're brother and sister." The poor guy's eyes almost popped out of his head! It was a hilarious moment! What a terrific night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! Yellow Sauce and a hunk-o-burning-love! Great photos! You look adorable together!