Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

A weekend alone?

Well, Libby and Roan are going to Jefferson City this weekend to visit Meme and Baba, the O'Donnell grandparents. We used to live in Jeff, less than 10 minutes from them, so they are crazy about visiting. It's like a second home to them. The best part about this visit? I'm not going!! It sounds horrible, but I'm so happy to have a weekend to myself. It has been a year since I've had more than an hour or two alone. I'm an only child who thrives on alone time, so having a son who clings is difficult for me. And when I say cling, I mean attached, glued, connected, velcroed... even during the night. Roan is making progress with this, but boy, he loves his mom. So, with my time, what shall I do? I have a list of a million things that need to be done, of course, but I think I'll go to dinner with friends, SLEEP past 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, study, watch a movie, read a book, cut the lawn and just be alone!!! I'm looking forward to these things, but by Saturday night, I'll be ready for the little people to come home!!

No comments: