Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

Book recommendation...


I recently read a book that, as a parent, rocked my world. Crank, a New York Times bestseller, is loosely based on the author's daughter, Kristina's, story of addiction to crystal meth, or "the monster". This book came out in 2004; I guess I've been in a cave, because I only recently heard about it. She describes Kristina's decline in verse, which was very odd to me, at first; however, the more I read, the less I cared. Although my kids are only in preschool, this story haunted me. I finished this 300+ page book in less than 24 hours! I've put a hold on the sequel at the library, and can't wait until it comes in! I highly recommend this book to parents and teens alike... wow.

No comments: