Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Storms, Tooth Fairies and Birthday Fun!

Last Friday was my birthday...what did I get? A massive snowstorm! The kids and I headed to Jefferson City; the plan was for my best friends, Michelle, Sharla and Lisa to come from Columbia to Jeff to have a little party at Shannon's that night. Well, given all the snow, the party was postponed. So, we just ended up having a quiet night at home, which is always terrific.

Meanwhile...Libby's front tooth has been loose for WEEKS. Truly, it's been weeks. Every day, we say "That tooth is going to fall out ANY MINUTE!!" Her adult tooth has started coming in behind the baby tooth, so it really needed to come out. Evidently, my teeth behaved the very same way, requiring the dentist to pull many of my baby teeth. While we were at Shannon's, the tooth loosened even more, and was hanging by the tiniest fragment. Libby finally agreed to let me try pulling it... and finally the silly thing let go! She was thrilled!!

My sweet, toothless girl!!

So, after the tooth excitement, we all packed up and headed to Michelle's house in Columbia. I brought the chili intended for the night before, and my sweet friends also got an ice cream cake from DQ. We ate, laughed, played cards, and had a priceless time. I've been friends with Michelle since Marching Mizzou auditions in August 1986. We showed up wearing identical shirts. We walked up to each other and said simultaneously "I think we're gonna be friends!" That began a most treasured friendship. I met Sharla shortly thereafter, also in Marching Mizzou. The three of us have been through so much together! We were roommates, we've survived college, men, babies, jobs, loss, happiness...I don't know what I'd do without them!!

Libby loves taking pictures...this is one of her shots of Sharla (foreground), Barbie and Ken (artfully posed), Michelle, and Lisa (right).

This is Roan, post-ice cream cake. Note the chocolate face... the boy LOVES ice cream cake!! Then again, who doesn't??

Gee, who could this be??
Shannon is a master gift giver... he got me a bottle of perfume and... (OMG, I nearly died!) a remastered DVD of Elvis' 1968 Comeback Concert. I love love love Elvis. He even watched it with me Saturday night! What a great birthday! The best I've had in years!

No comments: