Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dogs, beds and boys who love their moms...

First: DOGS. The people who know me know that I'm really more of a cat person. Dogs are barky, jumpy, licky and stinky. But, as a good friend told me, "A boy needs a dog!" (Thanks, Cynthia, you were right!). So, because I love this boy of mine, we now have a dog.

Second: BEDS. Roan was born in 2005. He was a terrific sleeper until the night of Libby's 2nd birthday. In one night, he went from sleeping 8-10 hours a night to never sleeping more than an hour at a time ... and this horror lasted for one year. Really, 'horror' is probably too mild a word. When I look back, I'm not sure how I survived it. He and I spent that year together in the recliner in his room. Once I FINALLY figured out what was wrong with him, he started sleeping again...and it was blissful. But, even though he slept, I still had to sleep with him. When I've tried to convince him that he would just LOVE having his entire bed to spread out in, he says "But mom, I love you!". Hence:

BOYS WHO LOVE THEIR MOMS: We started out sleeping in my bed, then quite a while ago, moved to his bed. I figured it was easier for me to escape his bed than for me to push him out of mine! So, for a very long time, I've slept in Roan's room, and my bed has been sadly unused. Until Silas...

Since we decided to make Silas a permanent O'Donnell, I have been sleeping in my OWN BED. Yes, after almost 5 years...my own bed with no children! And a really cool thing, it wasn't a dramatic transition. (If you know Roan, you know he can be quite dramatic!). Friday night, Roan and Silas just happened to fall asleep while I was in Libby's room. So, I just went to my room and went to bed. And it's been that way ever since. I've been displaced by a Terrier, and that's just fine with me! This boy still loves his mom, for sure...but, a boy needs a dog!

No comments: