Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, Roan!

Can you guess who this little cutie is? Those big blue eyes give it away, don't they?

This is Roan when he was 4 months old. My friend, Amy Knollmeyer took these pictures for us.
I guess because Roan turned 6 last week, I'm feeling a little reminiscent. He's grown up so much, it's unbelievable. When I look at these pictures, I marvel at what we've been through. It was just a few weeks after this that he stopped sleeping. It was a year after these pictures that we moved to KC and I started chiropractic college.

The look on his face cracks me up! Look at those chubby legs!
We've been through speech therapy, occupational therapy, milk and wheat allergies and being obsessed with dresses. Now, he's a big boy, excelling in Kindergarten, doing great in Taekwondo and being a whiz on the computer.


Look at little Libby! She's not even 2! I love her curls!
Some things about Roan I don't want to forget:
  • Right now, he's in love with "Riley", his bitty baby doll. He dresses him every day, feeds him imaginary food and sleeps with him every night.
  • He had his first Taekwondo lesson this week. He's very good at it! He said "Mom, I think I was born for this!"
  • He has a crush on one of my co-workers, named Adrienne. He is convinced he will marry her!
  • He has a terrific teacher named Krista Merk. She totally "gets" him and appreciates his personality and sense of humor. Not everyone does, so I really appreciate her a lot. She has made Kindergarten a great experience for him.
  • He loves to watch iCarly, Big Time Rush, and Shake It Up. He can quote most episodes of iCarly verbatim. He still loves to watch Scooby Doo, too!
  • Right now, he is obsessed with Lady Gaga and the Black Eyed Peas.
  • At night, he still says "Goodnight, my sweet mommy."
  • He claims to be "an early riser". He typically is up well before anyone else! I don't mind because he actually lets me sleep!

Happy Birthday, my sweet boy!

No comments: