Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 2, 2010

Magic Land...Part 1

Shannon and I have started calling his house "Magic Land". For some reason, the kids will do things there that they won't seem to do anywhere else...


Case in point:

I've described the "Old Roan" in previous posts. You remember, dresses, high heels, feather boas, etc... Here's a reminder:


He's slowly come around, thank God! Well, when we were in Magic Land last weekend, Libby, Shannon and I were cleaning out a flower bed. As I was tearing out some weeds, Roan saw a worm. He said "Mommy! A worm!!" Honestly, I braced myself for the screaming and running away. Much to my amazement, that didn't happen! He said "Can I touch it? Can I pick it up?" I said "Sure, buddy!" while attempting to conceal my complete flabbergasted-ness!


He found several worms, held them, let them crawl all over his hands...and then he named each one!

Yes, this is MY SON, holding a worm and loving it! The next day, Roan bounced upstairs and said "Mom, I'm bored. Can I go outside and dig for worms?" Yes, Shannon and I both nearly fainted. He spent over 30 minutes outside, on his own, digging in the dirt. Yes, I do believe Magic Land is real!

No comments: