Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The boot mystery...solved

Who knew that the great rainboot mystery would be solved while eating the world's best BBQ? We got a recommendation for a restaurant from a nice lady selling pralines just off Beale St. She told us "The Rendezvous" was the best BBQ in town...she couldn't tell us exactly where it was, but that it wouldn't be hard to find. Well, we walked a bit...not really realizing that the restaurant's storefront was in an alley. But, it's a fairly well-known place, so we eventually got good directions and made it there. This is us at The Rendezvous, trying to decide what to eat. Little did we know we were about to enter taste bud heaven.
This was our waiter...and the one who solved our boot mystery. First of all, he was a terrific waiter; we had great food and great service. When we saw MORE women in the restaurant sporting the boots, we finally just asked him. He explained that for the last 9 out of 10 years, it has rained during the Music Festival at the riverfront. So now, women come prepared to get wet... hence the rainboots!! Just as predicted, it DID rain on the music festival. In fact, there were such fierce storms, they had to evacuate the concert on Friday night. Shannon and I had friends and family calling and texting us to make sure we were safe. The storms were so bad, they made the news in Missouri!

Ok, back to the Rendezvous. The food was UNBELIEVABLE!! Shannon had ribs. You can see by the bare bones that he enjoyed every bite! You don't have a choice in side dishes...all they serve are beans and cole slaw...but oh my GOSH, they were so good, you don't care to have anything else. I'm not a big slaw fan, but theirs is amazing.


Memphis has the best sweet tea, hands down. One of the things I loved about the Rendezvous was that the waiter brings an entire pitcher of tea and leaves it on the table. Yes, I drank the entire pitcher. If I could have taken it home with me, I would have!

I had the brisket. It was probably the best brisket I've ever had...as you can see, I also enjoyed every bite. I seriously considered the ribs, but I still haven't quite gotten past my 'can't eat off the bone' food rule.

If you're ever in Memphis, you HAVE to stop in at The Rendezvous! We were so glad we did!

No comments: